|Founder||Established by Hikozaemon Shibata (According to records)|
|2nd Generation Head||Yozaemon Shibata (Name of Yozaemon Masatada in the grave)|
|3rd Generation Head||Heiroku Shibata (Cultivated Iwanage and the mountains, and created a farming field. Was referred to as Heiroku the Patient One)|
|4th Generation Head||Kenichi Shibata (A devout Buddhist and made donations for Mampukuji Temple of Hokkyu. Was referred to as Kenichi the Kind One)|
|5th Generation Head||Ruita Shibata (Built the currently existing former cellar after the old cellar from the Edo period was burned down)|
|6th Generation Head||Seizo Shibata (Was section chief of the Military Reserve Association, served as village assembly member for 4 terms, 16 years)|
|7th Generation Head||Takao Shibata (Entered Tottori University from Anjo Senior High School of Agricultural and Forestry. Became a teacher for a short period at Shimoyama Junior High School after graduating university, but returned to family business later)|
|8th Generation Head||Hidekazu Shibata (Current head of brewery)|
|1830||Established by the founder, Yozaemon Shibata during the late Edo period in Shimoyama village of the former Nukata district.|
|1898||A fire breaks out in the cellar around 11:00 p.m. on August 9 (cellar sign still remains to this day)|
|1899||5th Generation Head, Ruita Shibata rebuilds the cellar (current former cellar).|
|1906||Yamaho Limited Corporation is established by Heikuro Shibata, Seijiro Shibata, Asajiro Takagi, and Naokichi Shibata.|
|1922||Seizo Shibata inherits the rights of Yamaho Limited Corporation, and the sake name “Konotsukasa” becomes a registered trademark.|
|1958||“Matsubayashi”, one of the currently used wells is completed.|
|1973||7th Generation Head, Takao Shibata constructs the steel factory and warehouse where the current sake analysis laboratory and bottling room is located.|
|2003||“Iwanage”, one of the currently used wells is completed.|
|2015||Planning and construction of the cellar “Ginjogura” begin.|
|2016||Completion of “Ginjogura”. Production of a new brand “Gin” begins.|
The cellar that was built in the Edo period was lost from the fire in 1898, but then rebuilt the following year. Ever since it has been preserved over the years throughout the Taisho, Showa, and Heisei period. The photo below shows the state of the entire cellar during the Showa period, which can still be seen today.
There were two wells in the main building in the times of the 6th Generation Head, Seizo Shibata. There was also another in the warehouse, however the amount of water was little, and they had to draw water from the river nearby. One day, the fuel that was being used in the factory leaked from the tank, which made the two precious wells no longer usable. In search of a new water source, they decided to dig a new well. A total of seven wells were dug, and two among those wells, the “Matsubayashi” and “Iwanage” are still mainly used to this day.
The “Matsubayashi” well was dug by the Chotaro Ikeshita couple from Hanayama, Toyota City in 1955. The well was dug by hand using only shovels and hoes, and it took three years to complete. The 7th Generation Head, Takao Shibata, Toji Muramatsu, and employees of the brewery all helped to carry a total of 150 unglazed earthen pipes to the top of the mountain. It is said the wife of the 7th Generation Head Takao, Keiko, also climbed the mountain while carrying the young, current head Hidekazu, to observe the workers. Later on in the Heisei period, the “Iwanage” well was also completed with the help of a construction company. The water used to make our sake is still collected from these wells.
※The Sasayuri Bus operates only on weekdays. Please confirm the Okazaki City website for details regarding other community buses in the Nukata district.